Join now - be part of our community!

SONY DVX-9000R

SOLVED
profile.country.pt_PT.title
cogumelo
Visitor

SONY DVX-9000R

Good afternnon,

I bought a sony DVX-9000R but without card memory.

Can you please help me and tell me what the reference is for the memory card?

Many thanks

Message was edited by: cogumelo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Yes, that's the one. It's not a Sony camera :anguished:

It's basically a tiny webcam lens and sensor, something like the camera on a cheap mobile phone, hidden behind a larger false front 'lens' glued to a big empty plastic body. It weighs so little, the people who make them apparently fix a thick metal plate inside the body to make them 'feel' more like a genuine camera.

You often see them with a 'Sony' badge stuck on the side, or 'Cansonic' or some other combination of quality brand names, but they're basically toy cameras made up to look like a 'proper' handycam and have no connection to these brands at all. They are the product of criminal counterfeiters who use the name 'Sony' fraudulently.

I have no idea if these devices even accept memory cards. If you're happy to spend more money on it and there's an SD slot somewhere, buy an SD card, but the results will not be anything like you would expect from a genuine Sony camera :slight_frown:

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi cugumelo, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I can't find a DVX-9000R among current or previous Sony cameras :thinking:

I do hope it's not a DVX-900 you have (they usually look like this) as I'm afraid it is a well-known fake, not a Sony camera at all. I have no idea which memory card you would use for that; if it uses SD cards just get a good quality Class 6 or better – and make sure it's genuine branded one!

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.pt_PT.title
cogumelo
Visitor

Hi Mick2011

Many thanks your help.

Enclosed please find picture of the sony that i have.

Do you think that is fake?Any idea of the type of memory card for this?

Once again thanks.

Best regards

100_2171.JPG

Mick2011
New

Yes, that's the one. It's not a Sony camera :anguished:

It's basically a tiny webcam lens and sensor, something like the camera on a cheap mobile phone, hidden behind a larger false front 'lens' glued to a big empty plastic body. It weighs so little, the people who make them apparently fix a thick metal plate inside the body to make them 'feel' more like a genuine camera.

You often see them with a 'Sony' badge stuck on the side, or 'Cansonic' or some other combination of quality brand names, but they're basically toy cameras made up to look like a 'proper' handycam and have no connection to these brands at all. They are the product of criminal counterfeiters who use the name 'Sony' fraudulently.

I have no idea if these devices even accept memory cards. If you're happy to spend more money on it and there's an SD slot somewhere, buy an SD card, but the results will not be anything like you would expect from a genuine Sony camera :slight_frown:

Cheers

Mick