Join now - be part of our community!

error message: "For use with compatible battery only"

profile.country.el_GR.title
teddaiwa
Visitor

error message: "For use with compatible battery only"

Hi there,
My problem is this: the camera(DSC-W80) works normally until I hit (play) to see the photos,
where I get a message that the battery is not compatible and then shuts down.I have two batteries,
a regular who was with the camera and a replacement (same with the normal Sony).
The batteries are hardly used but always properly charged. What I do in this case,
maybe needs some update and if so how to do it;
Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi teddalwa, welcome to the Sony Forums

If you're sure you have the correct battery type (in both cases) and the problem persists with both, you could try resetting the camera: remove the battery and depress the power button for 30 seconds, then replace the battery and try again.

It's possible the terminals on the battery are dirty – wipe them with a dry cloth or a cotton swab, insert the battery and try again. Avoid touching the terminals with your hands or metal objects.

If none of the above helps, you can contact Sony Support.

Hope this helps

Mick

profile.country.el_GR.title
teddaiwa
Visitor

Thank you for the information and immediate response.

I'll try it and I'll inform you shortly.

Thanx again

priyanko
New

I am getting this error message even after withdrawing the battery and depressing power button the error persists

toddkolod
New

I initially tried the suggestions of cleaning the battery contacts with a Q-Tip and a pencil eraser.  I got some results but it wasn't long lasting.  I then deduced that the battery wasn't snug enough in the compartment.  I placed a small paperclip on top of the battery already inserted--at a slight angle--and then closed the battery compartment door.  It's a tight fit.  It takes a second to press firmly and close the door so it latches.  I have never seen the error code again.