Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DA3600ES Firmware update

profile.country.en_GB.title
wonneil
Explorer

STR-DA3600ES Firmware update

Hi all,

I have tried updating my receiver using my pc to the latest firmware version (1.030) and when I hit the update button I get the following message "Cannot update the AV Receiver. The format of the specified file is not supported."

I cannot update via the receiver as it says there are no updates and that 1.020 is the latest version.

Can anyone from Sony help?

Thank you

Neil

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.fr_BE.title
Thuysbaert
Visitor

I have the same problem with STR-DA5600ES: you should go Menu => System Settings => Enter => Update PC => Permit. The only problem is that SONY forgot to include that menu in the system settings of the European version! Do you have that problem as well? Best regards.:smileyshocked:

Ce message a été modifié par: Thuysbaert

Ce message a été modifié par: Thuysbaert

wonneil
Explorer

I managed to get that to work following these instructions...

11. On the remote commander press  GUI MODE button to display  GUI MODE OFF in the display window of the receiver.

12. On the remote commander press the  MENU buttons,  select  System Settings and then press the  Enter button.

13. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select  UPDATE(PC) and then press the  Enter button.

14. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select  PERMIT.

My problem is the update itself, says the file is not supported 😞

neilbr72
New

HI I wouldn't try it yet - i just tried and following the update I have no video output and the firmware version indicated is 1.027 not 1.030 as expected - I get sound though? also can't switch gui mode off to enable pc update now.

wonneil
Explorer

That's not good :slight_frown:

Sounds like Sony's product support is as bad as this website! (Extremely slow and error messages every second page)

Let us know how you get on?

neilbr72
New

Apparently the card that  outputs the hdmi feed blew up during the update all fixed under warranty by sony though. however I am on firmware 1.027 still - not sure I want to try updating it though!

RACD.RACD
New

OK resurrecting the thread a bit, sorry for that.

Reason I had to update was constant ARC dropouts due to "COMMUNICATION ERROR WITH SOUNDYSTEM" or something similar displayed on Bravia screen when I added some new 2021-2022 Android TV Boxes to my setups.

Seems the HDMI protocol has some issues. So had to try 1.032. Unfortunately it did not do much in this case but at least now on final FW for this amp.

However for other issues that ay be resolved or for some functionality  I think some may benefit from this info that still use one of the STR receivers with the update issues.

Thee solution is quite simple:

SONY somehow ZIP'ped up the update file in some strange way and that is why it does not want to be recognized as compatible.

What to do:

Unzip the Update file for instance  "A36E_1032.zip" to a folder called A36E_1032. Inside you will find 2 TGZ Linux files:

STR_001021.aes.tgz 

&

PNX_001110.aes.tgz

DO NOT TOUCH THEM!

Then just use WINRAR, 7-ZIP or other ZIP packing soft to create a new ZIP by zipping together the whole folder you created earlier when unzipping, to a new ZIP containing the folder with the 2 files.

Now use this zip in SETUP MANAGER (still available for dl here https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/downloads/W0006817 ) for the STR and it should work just fine as it did for me.

Hope this may help anyone stuck with 1.020 that want to update, and if anyone has any idea why my ARC communication issue still goes on once I hooked up some new HDMI devices to TV please let me know.

Cheers and good luck.