Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-E2100 Questions

colt.simpson
Explorer

Sony BDV-E2100 Questions

Hello,

I have a few questions about my recent purchase of the Sony BDV-E2100, firstly:

Why does the Sony Entertainment Television say it is 'currently offline'? It has been like this for a couple of days.

Secondly:

Can I get NowTV on my cinema system?

Lastly:

Can anyone recommend any good apps to get on my system? 

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Question 1:

Can you try the following:

1. Turn off your ISP's router (leave off the 2 minutes, and switch on again)
  2. Whilst you are waiting, perform a factory reset of the BDV-E2100
  3. Once you have re-setup the Bluray player again, and your ISP's router is connected to the internet, perform a Network Update.
  4. All "should" work after that

Question 2:

The NowTV App is not available at this present time.  You could always contact Sky in regards to this, and see whether they have any intentions of NowTV on Sony Bluray players.

Question 3:

Ill leave this up to someone else.  But this is really personal choice, experiment a bit and find out what you like.

Cheers

colt.simpson
Explorer

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have just tried your steps in Question 1 and still have the same problem. The message says 'The service is currently offline'. Do you have any other solutions??

Thank you for your help one the other questions, much appreciated 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there colt.simpson

An appology from me here for the un-necessary factory reset of your bluray player.  :slight_smile:

I have just tested the application on my TV (2011 model) and I also have the same problem.  Therefore it seems to be currently down at the moment.  I;ll see if I can report this issue

Thank you very much for your patience!

Cheers

colt.simpson
Explorer

Thanks for that, I've had this problem since I first got the system. Which was Christmas Day, surely it can't be down for this long a time with no one else reporting it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@colt.simpson wrote:

Which was Christmas Day, surely it can't be down for this long a time with no one else reporting it?

Now that, is a really good question.  As far as I am aware, you are the first to report in - Congratulations :clap: 

I have just sent a message to someone at Sony, so hopefully when he will shed some light on this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update : Sony are aware of the issue

colt.simpson
Explorer

Many Thanks!

Do we have an estimated fix date?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortuately at this moment, there is no ETA on a resolution.

colt.simpson
Explorer

This is beyond a joke now.. Been down for nearly a month, still no fix or eta for a fix.