Join now - be part of our community!

hxd770 stuck in update

hiysbg
Explorer

hxd770 stuck in update

both my hxd770s are stuck in update - can't even turn off - tried all the suggestions nothing happening

8 REPLIES 8
EFBenson

Hi. Previous and next topics and many others around this one all relate to same problem - no picture/EPG last night and endless update this morning. All we can do is hope Sony sort it out and meanwhile make sure they know there are lots of people with the same sudden problems. I've e-mailed support; phone lines don't seem to be open weekends but hope someone will pick up online reports and realise there's a problem.
hiysbg
Explorer

thanks, I have also emailed, hope they sort it out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stuck Update:

press and hold the on/off button until the unit turns off, then quickly press the button again briefly, before the unit tries to go back into update mode.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/19335305-post56.html

More info at

http://www.avforums.com/forums/19334947-post29.html

hiysbg
Explorer

thanks, that at least has got out of update now.  just got to get guide, channels etc.  thanks again

pewrigh38

using the temporary solutions you will get the channels back, but you will NOT get the guide back. a permanent fix is required to get all the functions back
mckever52
Explorer

Thank you that seems to have fixed it! I have EPG. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

I used the suggestion to hold the on/off button until the machine switched off and then switched it on again, First time the EPG would not come on so followed the procedure a second time and lo and behold the EPG, Title List etc are now working fine.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi All,

before posting any further comments please read this thread

***RDR Stuck in Update or no Digital channels issue***

I have locked this thread in a hope that we can limit the number of thread so to avoid confusion & make it easier for users to find the latest information..