Join now - be part of our community!

HELP!!! MY SONY LAPTOP KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN

Peteri
Visitor

HELP!!! MY SONY LAPTOP KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN

Hello,

My VGN-FJ3S/W keeps on shutting down a few minutes after it's been turned on! Why is this? and how do I fix it??? Can anyone help??

I was running vista on it, and decided to go back to xp, cus too much stuff wouldnt work. Now that xp is up again, it keeps shutting itself off. Just like that, no 'windows is shutting down' it just switches off. When I turn it on it starts up like nothing's wrong.

It gets really hot aswell, but this was never a problem before, when I upgraded to vista, the overheating stopped. But now its come back,

Again: Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it????

Thanks

Peter

23 REPLIES 23
Peteri
Visitor

OK,

Will do.

Thanks everyone

Peteri
Visitor

Its now on 82-84

I tried to save a video with windows movie maker, and the tempreture shot up to 85, then after a few mins it turned off. I turned it back on, and it was at 79, and its been stuck in at 82 - 85 ever since all im running now utorrent and internet explorer...

This is becoming a real pain.. :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Not good news :slight_frown:

It would seem that, as you suspected, your fan is not working. If you are in warranty then contact support, if not I suggest that you contact a local repairer, unless you feel competent to open the machine…

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Peteri
Visitor

Bummer,

Well I'm letting it cool off now, and i'l turn it on later and jsut run basic apps on it so it stays below 60degrees. Yeah I'll have to take it to Curry's Digital - that £10.49 a month better come in handy...