Join now - be part of our community!

Please help me!

profile.country.en_GB.title
sidney777
Visitor

Please help me!

Hey there realy need some help i'm not to computer savy and brought an s series 15" laptop. I have the assist button which i though would be a good idea as i know very little about computers. How ever.... everytime i press this button it brings up the menu on the right hand side of the screen and the rest of the screen goes black, and a message comes up and tells me vaio shell has stoped working and windows is looking for a solution to the problem, but it never comes up with one. If i go through the menu and open vaio shell without pressing the assisit button it still tells me the same thing. If anyone has any advice on the matter it would be much appreciated. Thanks

65 REPLIES 65
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sidney777,

There is a Vaio Care update for some models but without knowing your exact model number I can’t provide a link.

What does it fix?
When booting Windows or launching VAIO Care, an error dialog may show which blocks VAIO Care usage.

If you hover your pointer over the support tab at the top of this page, select ‘Online Support' and then enter your model number you will hopefully find this update.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sidney777
Visitor

Hey Rich thanks for the advice but im afraid it still hasn't cured the problem i downloaded this http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCSE1L1E_S/downloads/EP0000261054_6055

My laptop model is VPCSE1L1E so i think i got the right one, But after downloading and installing it i restarted my computer and pressed the assist button vaio care asked me to accept the license agreement which i did and then the program started up, But after a few seconds it said vaio shell has stoped working again and closed the prgram any more advice or shall i throw it against the wall : )

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

The problem with Vaio Shell is known to Sony and there is a fix for some models that requires an upgrade to two modules, unfortunately these do not seems to be available for the VPCSE1L1E so I'm not sure whether this applies to your model.

We will try to get further guidance from Support - stay tuned...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

Can you please try uninstalling Vaio Care from Control Panel and then install the original version?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCSE1L1E_S/downloads/SOAVCA_00255379_0042_5922

Then install the update.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCSE1L1E_S/downloads/EP0000261054_6055

Please let us know whether this corrects the problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sidney777
Visitor

Hello Rich sorry for the late reply, i've been working nights. I've uninstalled the care from the control pannel but i cant download the two things you have asked me to download at the miniute because it keeps telling me the page is unavalible, However i will try a little later on thought i'd just tell you where im up to, But thanks for the help and ill keep you posted as soon as i can get to the page and we'll see if it fixs the problem.

Fingers crossed

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

As of this morning both links seem to be available...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
sidney777
Visitor

Hello rich thanks very much for all your help, The problem i'm pleased to say has been solved. I did as you said and unistalled the vaio care and installed both your links. Just to let you the two links you gave me arent currently working you can go to the pages but when you click on the terms and condictions and accept them and click download it say internet explorer can not show this page. I have tried both at home and at work and had the same problem.

To download the two things you asked my friend at work, went to the canadian site and downloaded them both from there on to a memory stick and then put them both on my computer, which is now working fine.

Thanks very muh for all your help

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

I’m pleased to hear the problem is resolved.

Not sure why the UK links aren’t working but will pass this info on to Support.

Rich

Just tested the download for both links using Firefox and both are working fine - you may have a firewall problem...

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Nathan_C
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Sorry to bother you but I am experiencing the same problem as the above poster.

Today I bought the Sony Vaio SVE1511K1ESI and whenever I press the assist button I get that the VaioShell is experiencing a problem and that it must close.

I have typed the model number into the support site, however there doesn't appear to be a download for Vaio Care for this model?

Do you know if this is correct? And if so, is there any other way I can resolve this problem so I can use my laptop to the full?

Thanks,

Nathan.