Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEB3C5E BIOS AHCI?!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Danniiliciouz
Visitor

VPCEB3C5E BIOS AHCI?!

Hiya,

I have just bought a beautiful baby pink EB3C5E!

I would like to see my advanced options in my bios but they are not there... so would someone help me enable them OR at least point me in the right direction?

All the details I can grab from the bios are:
(At the top Of the screen): Aptio Setup Utility 2008 American Megatrends
Bios Version: R1140Y8
EC Version: R1140Y8
ME Version: 6.0.31.1208
(At the bottom of the screen):
Version 1.28.1119. - 2008 American Megatrends
If you need anymore info please let me know as I do not know what else you would need.
Thank you so much for your time
Dannii
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The BIOS is customised by Sony to give only limited access.

As far as I know there is no way round this and as the motherboard is also customised there are no other BIOS Versions available..

:neutral:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Danniiliciouz
Visitor

Thank you for your reply even if it was stating the obvious. There is always (in my experience) a way around things. Sony just (seem) to want to stop us accessing features we need.

As this is my first Vaio I am truely horrified the lack of drivers for my Vaio on the UK website - whereas on the US website they have everything, obviously except help and the ability to access advanced options in the bios.

I have tried contacting sony by the support form & it doesn't seem to be working... do you have an email address I email them directly?

profile.country.de_DE.title
JSchmid2
Visitor

Did you find a solution? I also need to enable AHCI and its really disturbing that it is not possible in the standard bios.

I'm using a SSD and always at restart there will be the message "No operating System found". Then I have to do a restart (strg+alt+del) and after that it works. I read that the ACHI mode should be enabled to prevent this problem...