Join now - be part of our community!

Why is my VAIO waking itself from sleep?

SOLVED
profile.country.sk_SK.title
_Tigro
Visitor

Why is my VAIO waking itself from sleep?

Hello, i have one problem, it happened to me two times now:

I had Skype installed, but I have let it be on version 4.2.xx (the newest is 5.xx), because i hate new skype.

When I let computer sleep during the night, for some reason, in the middle of the night it starts itself and upgrades my skype to 5.xx version. What is the problem? How can I solve auto-waking my VAIO?

(VPCEB3L1E, intel i3, ati54xx series, 4gb ram, win7-64bit, 2.4GHz)

thanks for an answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_Tigro
Visitor

So, i finally found the problem, which was really coincindence. Skype is associated with windows update, which i had set to run actualisations at 03:00 o´clock at night, which forced my PC to turn on from sleep. easy solution is to go to windows update tab, and change settings for skype actualisation, to not update it. for example, hide skype actualisation. Dont know what other programs are associated with windows update. I recommend to set manual choice of actualisations as well. this prevents windows from waking your computer up.

(sorry for double-post)

Tigrik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi _Tigro,

See whether there is anything of help in this thread, if not then examine task scheduler for any task that will allow the computer to wake to perform a task – you will find this option on the conditions tab, under ‘Power’, for each task.

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/162824?tstart=450

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
_Tigro
Visitor

Thanks, I found 1 task that forces my vaio to wake, so i turned it off. I´ll see what will happen the following nights. If it occurs for the next time, I will say here.
Thanks for now.

_Tigro
Visitor

So, i finally found the problem, which was really coincindence. Skype is associated with windows update, which i had set to run actualisations at 03:00 o´clock at night, which forced my PC to turn on from sleep. easy solution is to go to windows update tab, and change settings for skype actualisation, to not update it. for example, hide skype actualisation. Dont know what other programs are associated with windows update. I recommend to set manual choice of actualisations as well. this prevents windows from waking your computer up.

(sorry for double-post)

Tigrik