Join now - be part of our community!

Terrible experience with Xperia tablet Z customer service

zraeesy
Explorer

Terrible experience with Xperia tablet Z customer service

I have had the WORST and the most DISGRACEFUL customer servie experience of my life with Xperia team. Can any body give me a complaint address to complain about the managers in customer service, as it seems like complaing to the managers does not work in Sony's system!

I have purchased a Sony Xperia tablet Z in July, and in a few months I realised that it is faulty and does not recogniset the SD card. Here is the description of what I went through:

1) The brand new Xperia tablet series Z I purchased online from SONY's website was FAULTY in the first place. 
2) I contacted SONY customer service to report the problem and to ask for advise on how to get it fixed through the warranty. They sent me an EMPTY email with no attached form, and I had to call again just to request the form to be sent to me!
 3) I packaged and posted my SONY Xperia tablet, in the ORIGINAL box as advised by SONY, to the same address provided for me in the form. Then I receive a phone call from SONY mobile that the address SONY customer service had given me was not the correct address, and I need to call back (the 4th call to SONY) to confirm a few details. This is only a few days left until I go away on holidays, for which I was supposed to have my tablet with me!
 4) I called SONY mobile and they told me they wanted a few details such as the address to return the tablet to me. I was told that I had to call customer service, AGAIN, to get the correct address and then resend the device to the correct centre. As I didn't have the time to do this and it was SONY's mistake in the first place sending me the wrong address I requested that they forward it to the correct centre themselves. 
 5) Not hearing back from SONY and only a couple of days until I go away, I wrote an email to SONY customer service to remind them that I haven't received the tablet, and I will be going on holidays shortly. I received an email, on the day I was going away, 11th of December, CONFIRMING that my device will be forwarded directly to the relevant repair centre.
 6) I came back from holidays to realise that the tablet was delivered, in another box, the ORIGINAL BOX MISSING, together with a form that says my device cannot be fixed, not mentioning a reason! I call SONY (for the 5th time), they say they are sorry and I have to wait for the turn around time for SONY customer service team to call the repair centre to make it clear why it cannot be fixed. I called the repair centre, there was no record of my device. Then, Jonathan, a manager from the Escalations teams called me (my case had already been escalated, imaging what I would have gone through if it were not escalated!!!1), asking me to scan all the forms I had received, promising to get back to me by the end of the week. This was 31st of December, Tuesday.
 7) I did not hear back anything until Friday the 3rd. I call SONY (7th time) to get an status update. The person who handled my call advised me that I have to wait as it is generally very busy at this time of the year.  Later on Jonathan called me to let me know that my device has not been forwarded to the repair centre at all, and I have to post it once more to get it to the repair centre!
😎 I wrote a complaint, the only reply I received from Jonathan was that he is sorry for all the trouble, and this time he is going to personally look into this so that this does not happen again and this would be a VIP case.
9) I sent the device back, as of 4 weeks ago, receiving a letter that it is going to be fixed in 5 working days. 4 weeks passed, I didn't get my tablet back, I call the repair center, they don't know what is happening and SURPRISE SURPRISE it is still with the engineers, they promise to call me back WHICH THEY DIDN'T. I call back, they tell me some part needs to be exchanged! I called Sony customer service again to speak to Jonathan, he called back and tells me apparently they need to exchange something that they don't have in stock, and they didn't even bother to update me and this was supposed to be a VIP case!!!! OMG what kind of customer service is this?!?!?!?!? and all I hear back in reply to my complaints is that we are sorry, but this sometimes happens!! WHERE IN THE WORLD this happens?? I have had faulty devices before with APPLE or SAMSUNG, and everything was so smooth and easy. Sony didn't bother to reply to my last complaint which I sent a week ago, and I have to chase them up to beg to reply to my complaint!! This is very DISGRACEFUL! I can promise that I will NEVER EVER buy another product from SONY!
16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Wow, sorry you've had such a hard time trying to get this sorted.

For what its worth I have escalated this for you, hopefully someone will contact you in the

near-ish future

profile.country.en_GB.title
hungerdunger
New

Is it sorted yet?  If not, you could try taking to a newspaper.  The Guardian Money section deals with consumer cases like this and the fear of bad publicity often helps to get things moving.

profile.country.en_GB.title
paulell45
Explorer

I'd get used to it. I had a Xperia Tablet S problem - the tablet was faulty from on reciept from Sony. They refused to replace it and sent it for repair twice. My complaint was 'escalated' but the escalation team are as useless as the general repair centre. Eventually as a very very special deal they gave me my money back. Lesson from this is do not buy from Sony online. Basic customer rights are ignored and service is not existent. I buy from Amazon who have a 30 day no quibble return policy.

I like Sony products but accept that if a fault develops and you've purchased through Sony you're on your own.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@zraeesy  - Has anyone contacted you yet?

If you can let us know that would be great.

zraeesy
Explorer

@jumpsuit  Someone contacted me last Wednesday, but I was at work and couldn't answer, they left a message and said they are going to call back tomorrow which they didn't. I called them on their direct number on Monday and left a message, they didn't call back. I called them again today and left a message.

zraeesy
Explorer

@hungerdunger Thanks, I may do that after all. Is it the consumer rights section in Guardian mondey I have to write to? They have replaced the tablet at the end, but I realised that I have paid at least £30 only for the phone calls I have made to Sony since it all began, I have paid for a screen protecrtor which was never returned to me, and the original box of course, not to mention the time and effort I have put to into this matter...

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

You say they have replaced the tablet, that's great :slight_smile:

Are you still waiting to hear from them about anything?

zraeesy
Explorer

@jumpsuit Yes, after 3 months they finally replaced the tablet. Thank you for following this up:smileyhappy:

And yes, I still expect them to contact me, as I have called them twice and left two messages. I strongly believe that I am entitled to compensation for the time/money that I have wasted on this case, I have spent so much time, my phone bill has doubled in the past two months thanks to the calls that I had to make to them, I sent my tablet with attachments that I had purchased separately (such as the screen protector) and were never returned to me and so on. And still I have to chase them up to respond to my complaint! what can I say?! disappointing!

billmagoo
Explorer

UK customer ... Customer ref: 1-19192982507

I have just had 3x weeks of pure FRUSTRATION dealing with Sony Customer Support UK, a complete series of:

1. non returned calls and emails

2. lies and untruths about my mobile

3. refusal by their operators to speak to a supervisor/ manager

4. being passed from 1 uncaring person to another uncaring person

I am so ANGRY that I am writing personally to their Head of Customer Relations at  Sony Xperia,

PO Box 322,

Gateshead,

NE11 9ZW

We (my family) have 4x contacts with 3 for mobiles... I will also be contacting them and I will NOT be renewing my contracts with them.... I know it's not 3s fault BUT they as providers of the handset MUST be made aware of the shoddy and indifferent customer servive it's customers are receiving.

Z1 GREAT product....Sony Customer Sevice...an ABSOLUTE JOKE