Join now - be part of our community!

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

dsswoosh

False Advertising on the W6 Series - DO NOT BUY

Anyone who wants to buy this TV specially for the smooth MotionFlow 200 options beware.

This TV does not support MotionFlow.

This is clearly false advertisement.

Am bumping this every single day until someone from Sony acknowledges why it has been falsely advertised.

104 REPLIES 104
SKYsony

Today I've received a phone call from Sony and they finally explain me, in a honestly and kindness manner, that the W653 is a model that has inside the Motionflow 200hz, but without the possibility to adjust it via the tv menu.
They told me that the W653 is a TV of W6 series and my EX720 is similar to W8 series, so it's normal that EX720 seems better in term of image quality ......
They also told me that they are apologize for my disappointment with W653, but the feature of that model explain that motion flow is inside included, but they were very sorry regarding the matter that this feature isn't inside the menu, they will inform Sony (Japan) if, in the future, they could create a new upgrade firmware .....
However, I' m satisfied of this phone call, because they explain everything to me in a very kindness mode and for about 20 minutes.
So, finally, I've decided to move the W653 in the bedroom and I will buy a new W905 for my main room ..... I suggest to everybody who need a Tv with Motionflow active in the menu, and who claim the top in terms of image quality, to buy a higher quality model, like W8 or W9 series, but always Sony, because is the best .........
Hallo my friends, I wish you Happy new Year !!
ps However W653 is a good item .....
JackBarber

I just created a petition to Sony to get the motionflow in the menu. Please sign it and share it !

[Edited to remove URL]

I won't stop to put back the link, even if I'm banned I will create another account and put it back... Just sayin'

Anonymous
Not applicable

ROFL - I was wondering when someone would do that !!! 

JackBarber

[Edited by moderator to remove URL]

JackBarber

I looked at the Terms of Use & Code of Conduct and there is nothing that seems to provide petitions and surveys. If you can show me where are the terms about petitions and surveys I would be glad to read it.

If you don't find the link to my petition (because moderators are not very kind with it) you can send me a private message and I will give it to you.

Already reached 31 signatures, when it will be a bit bigger I will share it to consumers specialized websites.

stealthinde

Well, there is just an explanation to all this: we are just right.

Sony? We are here waiting for our switch.

profile.country.IT.title
Manuel890

well, maybe that was the reason why they removed the motion flow, to sell w8 .. ever more absurd not buy you anything if sony does not resolve the situation .. I will inform everyone and I signed the petition.

profile.country.RO.title
cikyu99
Explorer

if anyone help the panel specs. for the 32w650a model with i have bought

http://www.panelook.com/T320HVF01.0_AUO_31.5_LCM_parameter_19597.html

it say's that the panel has 120hz

i too have the same problem with motionflow 200hz, on samsung models with 200hz, the fast moving images are very fluent......

so SONY  what happend with this model MOTIONFLOW

sonyuser78
Explorer

hey there, I have a question regarding this issue .KDL-40W605B it's in the same situation ? this model have the Motionflow XR 200 Hz option available in the menu please ? thanks

40w605b bought in Finland. Altough advertised in the shop AND on Sony site, no Montionflow in the menus anywhere. Nor does the picture seem to be smoothened. I'm comparing this to a samsung with similar smoohing methods. Sony has a resposibility to quickly fix the issue in the next firmware update.