Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W653A Applications?

SOLVED
braadg
Explorer

KDL-42W653A Applications?

I just bought myself the KDL-42W653A, followed the onscreen setup instructions, connected to WiFi etc.  and checked the apps list, it was minimal, with only 13 apps, including the Video unlimited, music unlimited, PlayMemories online. There's no sign of BBC iPlayer, Netflix, BBC News or BBC Sport. I updated to the latest firmware, refreshed internet content, and there's still only the basic apps.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Braadg

Can you try the following:

1. Turn Off TV
  2. Turn off your ISP's router (leave off the 2 minutes, and switch on again)
  3. Once you router has been rebooted and connected turn on the TV again
  4. Once TV is up and running, try refreshing Internet Content (Home > Settings > Network > Refresh Internet Content)

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NikolasP
Explorer

Did you select to view all applications ???? I have the Sony Bravia KDL-32W651A with updated firmware and has a lots of applications......!!!!!

I read Netflix is on only for US , like many other things......BBC as i read , there is applications for Sony TV's...

I have also looked a bit around the internet on how to download and install apps  , on your Sony TV and you can fin lots of info....still havent tried to download and install anything, cause i am fighting with Synchronise issues...

braadg
Explorer

Yes I've tried to view all, that simply gives me 2 additional applications, Photo frame and "a" clock. I've tried searching online for solutions but have had no luck as yet.

NikolasP
Explorer

With which button are you accessing the applications...Do you go through Home or SEN ???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Braadg

Can you try the following:

1. Turn Off TV
  2. Turn off your ISP's router (leave off the 2 minutes, and switch on again)
  3. Once you router has been rebooted and connected turn on the TV again
  4. Once TV is up and running, try refreshing Internet Content (Home > Settings > Network > Refresh Internet Content)

Cheers

braadg
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus

It appears to have worked!
derlane
Explorer

I have the same issue. However the router is fine as Internet browser is working. Therefore why does the SEN application like Iplayer etc still missing ?