Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 46v5810 Black screen, loud sound, unresponsive

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TV_Hound
Visitor

KDL 46v5810 Black screen, loud sound, unresponsive

Hi all, first post here.

I have an issue with a 14 month old KDL 46v5810, last night the TV was working fine. This morning when it was switched on there is a black screen with the volume turned right up. I am unable to use the remote to turn it down or switch channels or get an response from the TV, also the side buttons on the TV itself at unresponsive too. I am unable to turn off the TV without cutting the power from the plug. I have disconnected the aerial only to cut the sound (I couldn't handle the blasting sound of cartoons at 8am) and when the TV is on (green light on) there is an occasional popping from the speaker and the TV will switch off and straight back on as if rebooting.

I feel like this is going to be a repair job but if anyone has any tip it would be much appreicated, if there is any information I've missed I'll try to find out.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this has been tackled before on here and the answer was to contact Sony authorised repair as its a fault.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.fi_FI.title
niklask
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem with my KDL-46z5800.. black screen, volume high, not responding...if anyone has info please comment, thanks!

Bravia55HX

Hi,

this has been tackled before on here and the answer was to contact Sony authorised repair as its a fault.

macorne27
Visitor

Hi

I have exactly the same issue.  My TV is 24 months and 6 days from purchase.  Did you have any joy getting it repaired and what is the likely cost. 

I am so disappointed I cant believe a Sony product fails after such a short time.