Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32w654

SOLVED
mrb1978
New

KDL32w654

Just bought this TV and am very happy with my purchase apart from the TV guide. When I go to the guide to see what is on all it says in place of the programs is No Event Information. This is very frustrating, just wondered if anyone could shed some light on this problem or if anyone has experienced the same thing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You can do it, same process, but its not going to work for you. 

The reason is that this TV is Freeview only. 

Even though the TV can take a satellite connection, and display channels, it is not Freesat.  Freesat is the brand behind the EPG for satellite, therefore you will not get any information in the guide.  You might get Now and Next though.

Hope that clears things up.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is generally a freeview reception issue.  It should work though if you do the following:

1. Unplug aerial cable at the back of the TV
  2. Do a full scan/retune of the TV channels (without that aerial cable)
  3. Once done, there should be NO channels (ie all blanked)
  4. Plug aerial cable back in again
  5. Perform a full rescan/retune again
  6. All channels should now be back again, it will take a couple of minutes for the EPG to re-populate the information back again.

Cheers

mrb1978
New

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't have an ariel connected I have the old sky dish connected with a screw in f-connector.
Would this still be the same process?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You can do it, same process, but its not going to work for you. 

The reason is that this TV is Freeview only. 

Even though the TV can take a satellite connection, and display channels, it is not Freesat.  Freesat is the brand behind the EPG for satellite, therefore you will not get any information in the guide.  You might get Now and Next though.

Hope that clears things up.

Cheers.