Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

SOLVED
adam_cr

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

HELP!

I bought myself a KDL42W653a last week and, initially, was very impressed. The first night I popped on a DVD, fiddled with the settings and found one for 'motionflow' which made the display look super fluid. At the same time, I also changed a setting for audio delay (in ms) because the audio became slightly out of sync with the picture.

Since that night, however, both options have disappeared. The image played from the DVD player is now back to 'normal' and absolutely nothing I change can get the 'motionflow' setting back. I've noticed that a number of people on the net have asked why the motionflow setting is not included on this model (despite it being a Motionflow "00hz TV!) but trust me, IT WAS THERE! It made a wonderful difference to the quality of films and now I'm pretty annoyed that it has gone. Has an erroneous system update since the night I plugged in the TV perhaps removed the option?

If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful... including Sony officials. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Sony want to reiterate that there has never been a Motionflow option on the W6 settings menu. The term ‘Motionflow’ refers to a range of technologies and features that are designed to improve motion blur on the television, including the feature available on the W6, “LED Motion Mode”.

The Advertising Standards Association have been in touch with Sony to discuss the use of this term in advertising the W6, and they are entirely happy with the use of this term and do not feel it is false advertising in any way. Sony feel that this matter is closed.

View solution in original post

148 REPLIES 148
dsswoosh

Supporting this thread and bumping every day this until we get an answer.

I personally have been pushed from pillar to post with Sony customer support and no one will give me an answer as to why there is no motion flow settings on this TV even though it is advertised as having them.

oxman2k

the same here,i have sent sony numerous emails about the lack of motionflow on this set and have yet not been given an answer.the set is advertised as having motionflow on this very site.Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) goods you supply must  match their description.sony you need to sort this out fast

dsswoosh

Bump for an answer

dsswoosh

Bump for an answer

oxman2k

cmon sony can we have an answer did this set have motionflow if so why did you remove it also why are you advertising it as having motionflow when it doesn't.

dsswoosh

Bump to support what Oxman said
oxman2k

has anyone from sony got the guts or honesty to answer this issue.sony If a business seller makes a false statement to persuade you to buy goods, they may have committed a criminal offence. You may want to report the trader to Trading Standards who have power to investigate this type of offence

adam_cr

Thanks for your support on this guys! 

I can say, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that the motionflow setting was there. It worked wonderfully when activated too. 

SONY - you need to address this. People who spend lots of money on your products are not going to be happy that they haven't received what they've paid for.

dsswoosh

Bump for a Sony reply