Join now - be part of our community!

A comparative review of the three Tamron primes 20mm, 24mm and 35mm for Sony FE.

profile.country.NL.title
robvankeulen

A comparative review of the three Tamron primes 20mm, 24mm and 35mm for Sony FE.

Hi, 

Tamron has a nice line-up of zoom lenses and primes now for Full-Frame and APS-C Sony E mount. I have been shooting with the Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD and the 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III RXD for a while now. Both give a high image quality, coupled with a compact size and relatively low weight. However, until now I had not used any of the three Tamron primes. These compact and light lenses are the: Tamron 20mm F/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2Tamron 24mm F/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2 and the Tamron 35mm F/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2. Externally, they are virtually indistinguishable from each other with equal size, 67mm filter size and capabilities. The most unique feature is the ability to take real macro shots with a half life-size magnification = 1:2.

In this practical test/review I will use the lenses next to each other to show off the similarities and of course the differences.

You can read my review with lots of sample images here:

https://spark.adobe.com/page/kGYA2e2tzT2rE/

Enjoy reading it

rob van keulen

0 REPLIES 0