Join now - be part of our community!

A390 software update??

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
SLLAW79
Visitor

A390 software update??

Hello

Back with another question about the DSLR-A390!

I have been told that I can update the software on the camera through the disc that came with the camera!  Only things on the disc are to do with the following:

IMAGE DATA CONVERTER

IMAGE DATA LIGHTBOX

PMB

PRODUCT REGISTRATION

There is nothing to do with software for the camera it's self.

They very helpful man in Jessops rang Sony Technical 'Helpline' and they told him to us the disc above or to find the camera software update on Sony 'Support'.  I have looked on the 'support section and it is only for all the things I have mentioned above not the camera it self.

If anyone out there knows how to update the A390 CAMERA SOFTWARE only please can they let me know.

Thank you,

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Sarah,

Having discussed this with colleagues, it would appear that there may be some confusion between software and firmware. Whilst there is software available for the camera (i.e. the utilities that come on the CD and that can also be downloaded from the support website) there has been no new firmware released for the A390 camera.

Hope this clears things up,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Sarah,

I can see that there may be some conflicting information around regarding a firmware update for the DSLR-A390. Therefore, I have highlighted this issue to some colleagues to check whether there is a known firmware update for this model.

Thanks

Simon

SLLAW79
Visitor

Hello Simon,

Thank you for the replay and I look forward to finding out if there is any update, once your colleagues get back to you.

Thank you again,

Sarah.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Sarah,

Having discussed this with colleagues, it would appear that there may be some confusion between software and firmware. Whilst there is software available for the camera (i.e. the utilities that come on the CD and that can also be downloaded from the support website) there has been no new firmware released for the A390 camera.

Hope this clears things up,

Simon