Join now - be part of our community!

A6000 - MAJOR problem !

DaveWolfy
Explorer

A6000 - MAJOR problem !

Hello folks,

I use a camera to record events , trips , people, etc. This rather important to me.

As I have got older memory has become a profound issue.

However , I have found a significant design fault with the HX60 and the A6000.

The camera does not warn you that there is memory card fitted. On two ocassions I have left the card attached to the computer or in the other camera !

Recommendation- have an intrusive warning on the display when the camera is turned on that there is no card fitted . Of course , it is too late when you are out and about taking pictures but at least you do not spend all day taking shots that will not be there afterwards.

There are no cures for some things .

Wolfy.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

That's not a bad recommendation, but to be honest, after one time, I'd say lesson learnt :wink:

New

On A6000 I get an Orange Flashing warning at top left hand side when no card inserted.

DaveWolfy
Explorer

Dear Mr Portmixus , Just wait until you are way past 27 years old and have drunk for Queen and country for more than a few years !

DaveWolfy
Explorer

TerryW64 - too subtle ( not entirely idiot proof ), refer to the other reply please.

profile.country.GR.title
dipolyd

In HX60 and in α6000 as well, there is a flashing indicator in orange capital letters saying "NO CARD" if there is no card inserted.

DIM POL