Join now - be part of our community!

AF problems with Sony Alpha7

profile.country.RO.title
Vandraattila
Explorer

AF problems with Sony Alpha7

I have a new Sony A7 and I use it with SEL50F18, At f1,8-f8 The Af is Ok, but at higher F (9 or over ) the camera does not autofocus, the lens trying continously to find the AF. Have you any idea to help me, or it is necessary to go to service problem? 

Anticipated thanks

Attila

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Vandraattila,

that is completly normal.

Here is a quote from the help-guide of the camera:

When the aperture value is F9.0 or above, Phase Detection AF cannot be used. Only Contrast AF is available.

- Nic

profile.country.RO.title
Vandraattila
Explorer

@IamNic wrote:

Hello @Vandraattila,

When the aperture value is F9.0 or above, Phase Detection AF cannot be used. Only Contrast AF is available.

- Nic

Ok, what can I do? I think it is no option to use Contrast autofocus, because Phase detection is built-in. In such a case only manual focus can be used?

profile.country.RO.title
Vandraattila
Explorer

@Vandraattila wrote:

@IamNic wrote:

Hello @Vandraattila,

- Nic

Ok, what can I do? I think it is no option to use Contrast autofocus, because Phase detection is built-in. In such a case only manual focus can be used?

one more question SEL50F18 is compatible with phase detgection AF? Where can I get information. Please do not send me to the sony site because I did not find where the information can be found.

anticipated thanks Attila