Join now - be part of our community!

Being cheated by authorized sony center service?

profile.country.GR.title
thanassists
Explorer

Being cheated by authorized sony center service?

Dear members of the forum,

In 25th November 2017 I bought my new sony a6000L.

During Christmas I opened for the first time the package and then I noticed dark spots  (F9-F11 aperiture) in photos with bright background. I had never removed the lense from the body. 

I took my camera to an authorized sony center for service for cleaning the sensor. After the service these spots were cleaned but then, when shooting at F13-F36 I saw other spots, really a lot of them!

Also to be noted that last picture I took before the service was  "DSC00169" and the first after the service was the "DSC05772" (I kept with me the memory card).  

At first glance it looked like the guys from the service hadn't cleaned the sensor but replaced the body with another one, second hand.

Then, I investigated the shutter actuation number by uploading these two pictures in this site: "http://tools.science.si/index.php" and I found the shutter number for the first one was 261 and 306 for the second.

After that I thought that I might have not have been cheated by these guys but I always have in mind three logical questions:

1. Why didn't they completely clean the sensor?

2. Why the naming of the photos changed?

3. Why the barcode in the lense is now different than the one in the package?

Any ideas of what happened?

Best regards!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I will look into this and somebody will get back to you.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi,

Have you been in touch with the repair centre to ask them? Photo naming could be down to the new part or firmware.

Thanks,

Drew

profile.country.GR.title
thanassists
Explorer

Hi,

they had told me that they only cleaned the camera as they were not authorized to intervene to change parts. If there was a problem with a part they would have sent the camera to the factory in Poland to repair it. So, they only cleaned it, I guess with an air blower, not even wet method.

Best regards