Join now - be part of our community!

Campaign for FREE PlayMemories STUDIO ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
fretche
Explorer

Campaign for FREE PlayMemories STUDIO ?

Am I getting confused in that the PlayMemories STUDIO is the exact same as PlayMemories HOME? Confusion caused because of SONY :slight_frown:

Hi... bought a Sony A77 slt last month, installed the software for PMB so I've the latest version then updated camera firmware and PMB as required. On offloading photos from the camera in PMB a pop up window referring to a presently running campaign for a FREE PlayMemories Studio [normally $/Euro 15].

As the a77 is one of the many qualifying products in this campaign I get to downlaod the activation code BUT can NOT find the PM Studio program to download - even after numerous searches in the Playstation Store. I find the page that relates to it but not the prog itself?

I've now updated from the a77 firmware download site with the PlayMemories HOME which makes PMB in to PlayMemories HOME. I've been in touch with Sony Support with little assistance or maybe understanding about this campaign and how to get the Studio version. Any ideas? Any one able to post the link TO it?

Frank

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, Playmemories Home is the regular PC software whilst Playmemories Studio is the version that is compatible with the PS3. If you do not own this games console, you will not be able to download this as it would appear that only the Studio version is a part of this promotion.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Frank - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This is not a promotion that I am personally familiar with, however in the past when I have been issued a code for a free PS3 download I have inserted the code straight into the 'redeem code' area of the Playstation Store on my PS3 and this has automatically started the download of a specific product.

Thanks,

Simon

poolq001
Visitor

:smileylaugh::smileywink::smileywink:http://www.cx-7.info/g.gif

fretche
Explorer

Hi poolq001

If your reply was supposed to be helpful I don't see it as such. A link to a blank web page for... well, you know what.

http://www.cx-7.info/g.gif - and now it doesn't show in your reply... what's that about?

fretche
Explorer

Thanks Simon

This is the link that comes up after the 'Pop Up' info window when PlayMemories HOME starts;

https://servicepreset.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/voucher/PUBLISH.php?lang=ENG&region=GBR&PRODUCTNAME=SLT-A...

I'll see if I can locate that 'redeem code' area and see what happens. This promotion/campaign is for a large number of 'qualifying' SONY products. I've had very little success from SONY support :slight_frown: The guy doesn't seem to be able to distinguish from the two differing names given (?) "HOME" version OR "STUDIO" version.

Thanks

Frank

EDIT/ADDITION;

Have been back to see to locate from information provided but can't find it. Reason may well be that I do NOT have any of the 'games' consuls made by SONY - - - only the cameras. Looks like SONY may have overlooked this when making the STUDIO version available! So... I'm unable to locate the STUDIO version program although I can ask questions via the knowledge base etc.

Screen grab of the pop up info window... first section goes to web address [above] second section goes to a YouTube video about it...

PM_STUDIO_popup.jpg

Message was edited by: fretche

Message was edited by: fretche

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, Playmemories Home is the regular PC software whilst Playmemories Studio is the version that is compatible with the PS3. If you do not own this games console, you will not be able to download this as it would appear that only the Studio version is a part of this promotion.

Thanks,

Simon

fretche
Explorer

Thanks Simon... you've been more helpful than Sony Support. Thanks! :neutral:

That's pretty much ALL I needed to know - and I wouldn't have had to ask - after wasting quite a bit of time to find out - IF Sony made that crystal clear in the 'Campaign' information instead of stating it's a free upgrade if you purchased X Y Z of qualifying products! Just needed to say that a PS3 was required to benefit from it.

Cheers

Frank