Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback Promotion.

profile.country.GB.title
sprodrop
Explorer

Cashback Promotion.

Back in December I bought an ILCE-7M3 Camera Body on a Double Discount Promotion worth £300 on a Black Friday Deal. It sounded like a VERY GOOD BUY as it is such a good bit of kit. However, since then it has been IMPOSSIBLE to get any nearer getting the cashback. The whole process has been an uphill struggle including a message from Sony asking for additional information from me including my name hand written on a piece of paper and included in several photos of the camera body because of Sony experiencing Fraudulent Claims.

If I had known that this was going to be the outcome I would NOT HAVE MADE THE PURCHASE. There are other manufacturers around making equally good products and NOT CONNING buyers...

A very poor effort by Sony.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @sprodrop  and welcome to the Community.

Has your claim been accepted yet?

Please believe that its not a con, however could

the system be easier? - Yes ☹️

profile.country.GB.title
sprodrop
Explorer

Hi - As you can see from my latest post up until 15:59 today the answer was NO. 

Then at 16:00 I got another email - a part of this is included in this reply. I haven't DONE ANYTHING asked in the 15:59 email because I had done ALL THAT 7 days ago.

We are happy to confirm that your cashback claim satisfies our Cashback offer Terms & Conditions. We are now processing your claim.
You will receive your cashback within the next 28 days in the form of a direct bank transfer.
The payment will come from Link Network or WorldPay.
We’ll get in touch with you if there is any problem processing your bank details .

If they cannot get this correct I am sure they won't get the fact that it was a DOUBLE CASHBACK over that weekend either. The amount of time I have wasted pursuing this is unbelievable.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again  :slight_smile:

Yes I saw that you have been requested to take more 'hostage-style' photos of the

camera. I'm hoping its a glitch.

Its been escalated so try and sit tight just for now. (not easy I know with a 10 day deadline)

If you haven't heard anything in the next 3 days please let me know

and I'll chase it up for you.

Don't worry too much we're usually able to get these issues sorted :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
sprodrop
Explorer

Hi - Thanks for following up on this for me.

I did get a phone call from someone on Wednesday telling me that My Claim had now been accepted and that I SHOULD get payment within ‘the next 28 days or so’ - Watch this space......

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @sprodrop 

You're welcome :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Squire123

Hi there, All these answers to your questions are just stalling tactics in the hope you will give up. If you scroll down to my posts you will see I did not give up. I am not built that way. It took months. I had every excuse given to me  "escalating" is a word used a lot.  28 days or 10 days is another which I had a few times. At one point they even said my bank had rejected the payment. Rubbish of course.  Mine was a double cash back as well. Eventually  I got paid, but only after I contacted trading standards who advised me to go back to the seller  who advertised the cash back. They are responsible because they advertised it on behalf of Sony. You bought it because you saw it on their website at that price with the cash back offer.  Mine was John Lewis. At first they said it was nothing to do with them, so I went back to trading standards they said it absolutely was the responsibility of John Lewis because they advertised it. Once I explained  I knew this to john Lewis. They contacted Sony and it was paid straight away.  But I will never buy anything from Sony again.  Hope this helps. Keep going.   

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Squire123 

Glad you got yours sorted :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
sprodrop
Explorer

Hi

Like you, I cannot believe a Company like Sony can behave like this. I agree, it is a delaying tactic.

I bought this camera body for my son who is a Medical Practitioner in the NHS. It was bought for 'Professional' evaluation purposes. Although the feedback has been Positive and Very Good, the Commercial difficulties I have been experiencing will make it unlikely that recommendations will be put forward to the UK Medical Profession.