Join now - be part of our community!

E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS with A6000 compatibility?

profile.country.SI.title
blaz07

E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS with A6000 compatibility?

I have A6000 camera and want to buy new Sony E-mount APS lens 18-135. Official page says compatibility with A6300 and A6500. From local sony support they said, lens in compatible also with A6000 but lens comp. distortion will bw always set to AUTO.

What is AUTO? I know, but where the profile is save, have each lens own profile for distortion at different focal lenght? For example, 18-105 F4 G-lens also have only AUTO option. On 18mm this lens have no distortion, but 18-135 lens at 18mm have big distortion. How camera will know, how to fix distortion?18mm.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Blaz,

There is a useful page here which shows what lenses are compatible with the ILCE-6000. The lens you mention is listed as compatible with restrictions. In this case, lens comp. distortion will be set to AUTO so distortion will be compensated automatically. You can read about this in the manual here. Maybe you can visit a local Sony centre to see if this is suitable for your needs. Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.SI.title
blaz07

I know that settings. But I asking myself, with 18-105 lens at 18mm, A6000 will fix distortion just a little to create perfect distortion compensation.

If I put on A6000 new lens 18-135 (there is no lens firware for A6000) and take the same picture at 18mm, what kind of distorsion compensation will camera add on picture? If the same as on previos lens, the output will be very distorted picture.

So, where the is saved distortion profiles and what will camera do if there is no lens firmware? Because on AUTO camera cant measure how much is lens distorted to properly add fix :slight_smile:

I hope you understand what I'm asking :slight_smile: