Join now - be part of our community!

Extended warranty.Still no joy still phoning EGYPT.Yes EGYPT.

profile.country.GB.title
MRVIDEOSCOPER

Extended warranty.Still no joy still phoning EGYPT.Yes EGYPT.

Sony customer aftercare is a joke.I am still phoning egypt 2 to 3 times a week to try and activate my extra i year warranty on my Sony 200-600mm lens.There was a pamphlet in the box offering an extra i year warranty.Customer support keep asking me for a photo of the card that was supposed to be in the lens box but there was not one.I re-registered the lens with my sony as requested and i was given a code to activate the extra 1 year warranty.When i put the first part of the code in the first of the 3 boxes which Sony supply the box turns red and it is impossible to carry on.DSC08774.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Exilebluey
Explorer

Hi

I had a similar issue trying to register my A7 III. Clicked on link from my email and tried to enter details. First 2 atempts failed trying cut 'n paste of code and also typing. Both of these were using Chrome browser. Third attempt using Firfox browser and typing in all details worked. Considering Chrome is more popular than FF I can't explain why this worked but it did. One thing I did notice on the form you have to complete is,  when you highlight the model you want to register - in my case ILCE-7M3 -  it stays highlighted and does not transfer that into the window below. However I just continued to complete all the boxes with the required info, hit activate and it worked. HTH

profile.country.CZ.title
MichaelBalaz
Explorer

Just try another browser 🙂