Join now - be part of our community!

Feature requests in the next firmware for the a6400

profile.country.GB.title
e.okorie.2020

Feature requests in the next firmware for the a6400

Not sure if Sony reads this but here goes.  I have been a proud owner of the a6000 and I now own the a6400.  Both cameras which I have been happy with as I have used them for some professional work.  However, I feel the firmware if really the biggest let down on both cameras, especially considering how much more advanced the firmware on other cameras brands is.

With all the gear that we are buying for our Sony cameras, which is it so hard to have more built-in functions such as Focus Stacking?  From reading through this article, https://camerajabber.com/which-cameras-have-built-in-focus-stacking/, it is mind-boggling that such a feature which could require some lines of code hasn't not been added.  While the focus stacking can be done manually, it is a lot of work and it is time consuming.  There are 3rd party pieces of kit that can do this, but they can stupidly expensive to own.  An easier solution for this would be a firmware update.  SO why isn't Sony looking into doing this??

Considering Sony decided to stop supporting the Play Memories App for the latest line of cameras, would it not make sense in that case to have some of the more useful apps built into the firmware.  After all, you wrote the software to instruct the camera on the Sony a6000 to do just that. It was nice seeing the time lapse feature migrated across to the a6400 (and I do not mind merging the pictures manually myself), but for things like light painting, light trail and stop motion, it would be good to have quick presets that we can easily adjust to get the pictures that we would like to take.

I am really hoping this will be seen, read and hopefully picked up by Sony as I do believe, firmware upgrade not only for the sony a6400 but for the other latest cameras, with these changes could really be beneficial to a lot of budding photographers out there.

Just my 2 cents 😊

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @e.okorie.2020  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Thanks for your thoughts regarding the A6400.

Sony don't respond on this forum however I'm sure they browse them from time to time :slight_smile: