Join now - be part of our community!

Focus Area Icon

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
downescd
Explorer

Focus Area Icon

I have owned an A7iii for a while and recently bought an A7riv (to replace my A7r2). 
I have fairly recently started using continuous focus more frequently and noticed that in AF-C with any of the tracking focus areas, the Icon indicates correctly for the Area I set until I press the focus button and grab focus (I use back button focus on AF-on button), when the Focus Area ICON switches to indicate I'm shooting in WIDE. I don't believe it is actually using WIDE focus area but it has caused me some concern as to whether my setup is correct. I have tried it with various GM lenses and on both the A73 and A7R4 with same 'problem'.

As I say, it appears to be working as I would expect other than the incorrect Icon showing when the Focus is tracking. I've searched online for any explanations without success.

Do I have a problem or is this to be expected? If expected it would be good to have some mention of it in the manual/help guides ... although I suspect it is a 'bug' that has no effect on shooting ... hopefully!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

It would be best to get in touch with the Sony Support team here for further advice about this.

Best wishes,

Sean 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

It would be best to get in touch with the Sony Support team here for further advice about this.

Best wishes,

Sean