Join now - be part of our community!

Hello - Anyone else having issues with the A77 and AVCHD ?

Samcom
New

Hello - Anyone else having issues with the A77 and AVCHD ?

I bought the sony A77-VQ camera and its great apart from one thing.

That thing is transfering AVCHD video from the camera to the PC.......sounds simple enough plug in the USB cable and transfer over photos or AVCHD video....works absolutlely fine.

So I have to ask here at SONY whats the problem taking out the memory card from the camera plugging that card directly into a PC via a card reader and transfering the data that way?

Personally I would have thought every time ....*NO* problem as I have done it 1000's of times with multiple hardware and configurations.

BUT not the Sony A77.....try if for yourselves.....transfer AVCHD via USB ...works fine.....transfer the exact same AVCHD from the memory card directly via card reader and the video is corrupted every time.

Im using SanDIsk Extreme 16GB cards with a transfer rate of 45 MB/s...perhaps these are the cause but It seems very unlikely as I have tried several.

PC is tip top all codecs running perfectly and I have zero issues with any other hardware producing AVCHD's and transfering using exactly the same method plus the AVCHD when copied from the camera using USB is flawless...very bizzare.

Has anyone else come across this issue or can offer assistance ?

Thanks all.

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0