Join now - be part of our community!

I can not play my alpha 55 video on my pc

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeffgoodwin5446
New

I can not play my alpha 55 video on my pc

I have just bought an alpha 55 and have made a small video, i have files called stream which look like video files but they are called .mot files so how do I view them on my pc ??

There seems to be nothing in the manual. I have the PMB software and everything else loaded on my Vista Home Premium PC

Can any one help

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
COLT45UK
Visitor

I got myself a new A55 last week and I'm pretty much still learning about them.

I could try help since no one have answered yet.

So far I can tell that there's only 2 file types (correct me if there are more than 2 :smileywink:).

MTS and MP4

You can find more info about these two links MTS and MP4

You mentioned ".mot" but where did you find that as I don't think that does exist at all?

Hope you find this useful.

Enjoy your new product :slight_smile:

R.Adams

(Please excuse my poor english)

profile.country.nl_NL.title
robox3000
Visitor

I thought the .MOT files were the 3D panorama shots that can be played on a 3D TV set?

robertvb
Visitor

Have you installed the Sony software which comes with the A55 and will play the AVCHD files? If they won't play when you install the software, is your PC up to the job of playing HD? I would try Youtube HD clips and test the performance with that. Hope this helps.

Also, If you find the "Streaming" directory on your SD card, you can play these files using Media Player Classic Home Cinema which is free (just enter this into Google)

profile.country.nl_NL.title
robox3000
Visitor

and VLC will play the avchd files no problem - even on low powered computers.

- best part is it's also free!

http://www.videolan.org/

profile.country.ro_RO.title
mobyy19
Visitor

Hi!   

I understand that the device is overheating after around 9 minutes of video recording and shuts down, that is real? because i need more than 9 minutes. overall acquisition made you happy? the photos are good quality? Thanks for your answer.