Join now - be part of our community!

I have an A300 Camera, can I use it some how as a webcam?

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

I have an A300 Camera, can I use it some how as a webcam?

Having Googled, all the links returned totally ignore the fact that I specify the "A300" and just say "Any DSLR can be used as a webcam", going on to list eight or more Sony cameras with totally different names.

Is this something else mine can't do?😣

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi theracles, 

You might want to try contacting Sony Support about this.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Thanks for that Pascale,

I won't get too excited as Sony seem to cease support for their products fairly early in their lives!

Regards and stay safe!

Geoff.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @theracles,

you just need this type of cable (found it on a German store), a video grabber of your choice and OBS with the plugin virtual cam.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

Hi IamNic, Thought for a minute that this would be what I need!

Just reading the Description, it says:- An audio-video cable for transmitting a signal in standard quality (SD) to a compatible television.Compatible

I want to connect the camera to my PC and for the PC (Windows 10 Pro) to "see" it as a webcam.

It doesn't seem to suit that use. 😞

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @theracles,

it does, read my full comment please.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
theracles

I still don't understand.

I don't have the camera to hand at the moment, just the manual which shows a lead for TV connection with just a USB B male at one end and a single "Phono" or "RCA" type plug intended to connect to a TV.

The Grabbers you mention when I google for them all seem to comprise a standard "USB A" male plug with an array of three Phono sockets and a DIN socket!

😕