Join now - be part of our community!

Ipix on Nex?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tcse16
Visitor

Ipix on Nex?

I am looking to take 3d ipix style photos of property interiors on my nex3. Can anyone recommend a panohead/lens/software setup for taking spherical pano shots.  Already have fisheye lens converter for the pancake lens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi tcse16, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

IPIX is a bit of a strange one, with server-based file retrieval and other dark arts :wink: I'm guessing you're looking to do some VR panoramas.

If you're using a fisheye converter, I'd suggest looking at the PT stitching and lens correction software, as it makes a very good job of counteracting the many perspective anomalies you'll encounter, as well as give you several rendering options for the panoramic projection.

One i've used is PTGui and it's pretty remarkable even just set to 'auto'.

A pano head I haven't used but seems well rated is the Nodal Ninja range, particularly suited to light-bodied cameras.

Hope that's of some help. If you need any more info please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi tcse16, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

IPIX is a bit of a strange one, with server-based file retrieval and other dark arts :wink: I'm guessing you're looking to do some VR panoramas.

If you're using a fisheye converter, I'd suggest looking at the PT stitching and lens correction software, as it makes a very good job of counteracting the many perspective anomalies you'll encounter, as well as give you several rendering options for the panoramic projection.

One i've used is PTGui and it's pretty remarkable even just set to 'auto'.

A pano head I haven't used but seems well rated is the Nodal Ninja range, particularly suited to light-bodied cameras.

Hope that's of some help. If you need any more info please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Mick