Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Card Problem Pro duo and Pro duo HG NEX-5N

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
paradox1509
Visitor

Memory Card Problem Pro duo and Pro duo HG NEX-5N

I keep getting the following error when switching on my NEX-5N. This memory card may not be capable of recording and playing normally.

I originally thought It was down to using my outdated Pro Duo card so upgraded to a HG type and I am still getting the error.

Thanks for any response

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Paradox1509, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Are you certain the card is a genuine branded one? The vast majority of memory card issues are due to fake cards, mostly sold by online retailers. Sad to say, it's almost hard to avoid them these days.

The first step I would suggest is to check yours against the points noted on this page, or get hold of a known genuine card and see if it makes a difference.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mick2011
New

Hi Paradox1509, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Are you certain the card is a genuine branded one? The vast majority of memory card issues are due to fake cards, mostly sold by online retailers. Sad to say, it's almost hard to avoid them these days.

The first step I would suggest is to check yours against the points noted on this page, or get hold of a known genuine card and see if it makes a difference.

Cheers

Mick

paradox1509
Visitor

Hi Mick

Thanks for the response and Information.I have checked the website you recommended and  I am fairly sure they are not genuine.

Are there any online retailers which you recommend for genuine memory cards?

Mick2011
New

If you stick to major retailers you should be ok. There is quite a lot of variance in price even amonst the big stores, but in general it's the usual 'buyer beware' adage: if the price looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I'd avoid all auction sites (you know the ones I mean) regardless of putative reputation of sellers, and while I can recommend Amazon.co.uk (good prices and they've never let me down) I am wary of using Amazon Marketplace for the same reasons.

Another worry-free route would be manufacturers' websites, which often have 'specials' and very resonable pricing.

Good luck :cool:

Mick

GoNz0-
Explorer

amazon are ok so long as you either use amazon direct and not a 3rd party seller.

there is one 3rd party amazon seller i would and do trust and they are indego starfish.

never buy off ebay as 99% are fakes

here is a good price on a 16gb genuine card

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-16GB-SDHC-Class-Memory/dp/B002WE4HE2/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF...

paradox1509
Visitor

Thanks very much for the advice and info once again.

I have just ordered one from Amazon.

I had used the auction site that everyone seems to use so lesson learnt...  no more false economy!

Above all I am really pleased with the Camera! Really was the right choice after much research.

Pancake lens is next on the list :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_IE.title
badoherty
Visitor

I have been having the same problem, just wondering if your new card resolved the issue?

Doc
Jackman2012
Visitor

Received “Memory Card Error” messages on your Sony digital camera or camcorder? No worries, 4 simple and economical ways are introduced to repair corrupted memory card in this article!

http://www.any-data-recovery.com/memory-card-error.htm

Message was edited by: Jackman2012

Message was edited by: Jackman2012