Join now - be part of our community!

New member and Sony shooter

profile.country.GB.title
Ian5986

New member and Sony shooter

I am new to both this site and also to Sony cameras.

After a lot of reading reviews and watching videos I have invested in a new Sony A7iii and Sony Zeiss 24-70 f4 lens.

I used to work as a professional photographer for 20+ yrs but now enjoy it purely as a hobby with some paid work thrown in from time to time.

I have been and still am an avid Nikon shooter for sport and portrait and have come to the conclusion that I need a smaller & lighter camera that still retains a full frame sensor but will be easier to carry without scarificing image quality.

I appreciate any tips / suggestions that can be offered to allow me to get the best from the camera / lens combo (more lenses will follow as I can afford them).

Currently I have been reviewing the Jason Lanier videos.

Thank you for you support and assistance.

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Ian, welcome to the Community.

There are some good detailed guides as part of the overall Sony alpha introductory tutorial here

Hope that's of some help.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Ian5986

Thanks Mick_D for the welcome  and for the link to the tutorial.

I think I have figured out a lot but the Sony menus do require some "Deep Diving" to get to some areas and a lens fitted for others so my learning curve is quite steep.

I am looking forward to the experience and even after a day I am sure I have done the right thing.