Join now - be part of our community!

new Sony a6000 wont charge

profile.country.GB.title
LaurenStorer
New

new Sony a6000 wont charge

Ive just recieved a brand new a6000 camera and followed the start up instructions in the guide. I put the battery pack in and plugged it in to charge put nothing happened? no charging light or anything, it wont turn on or charge? very confused, i dont want to have to send it back but im worried tht the battery pack is a dud. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
broch_is
Explorer

Hi there,

try it in another power outlet?

try another location i.e. at work not home.

is the plug a fused one or not?

also another thing to try is - borrow a working battery to check where the problem might be.

David

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Photonews
Explorer

I expect you are trying to use the stubby micro-usb lead that was supplied with your a6000, and this may be the cause of your problem. Try using a different micro-usb lead from another gadget like a 'phone or tablet and that you know works OK as this might be a solution for you.

I was unable to transfer data between my new a6000 and pc using the supplied lead, and after much searching for a solution I found a tip in the Sony Q&A section of the main website which stated that only Sony branded micro-usb leads should be used, there is even an illustration showing the manufacturers printing on the cable itself to prove authenticity, but I'll bet you have a cheap plain black item just like me!

It's beyond understanding why Sony should publish this information and then supply inferior peripherals with the new units. I sent mine back and complained, but I'm still using an old phone lead to charge the battery and connect to my computer, I have not received a genuine replacement or apology from Sony, and the retailer told me that he never uses the stubby lead anyway as it's too much trouble - go figure?