Join now - be part of our community!

New sony a99?

SOLVED

New sony a99?

I have a diccision to make, stay with sony or move to nikon/canon and this hinges on if sony intend to produce a new a99 or somthing of the same physical size with full frame and pro features. Can anyone answer this, I don't need spec I just need to know if sony are going to be consistant with future pro useable cameras and not high spec handbag sized cameras.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@cameleondjphotography wrote:

Just saying and maybe its a personal thing but when shooting wedding with my canon college It will just simply look like im using a compact camera with oversized lenses. Plus the double sd on the a99 and the room to put all these new buttons and a battery that will lasts more than 2 hours, it all just seems comon sense. 

Maybe it is a personal thing and a common comment from the against team if you look at the many for/against discussion on camera sites regarding changing from DSLR to CSC. I have met several people who have switched from Canon to an a7 for many reasons but a favourite being that the mirrorless set up is much lighter than there old DSLR..

Now double SD card or SD/compact flash is must agree is handy feature for instant duplication of images but there are lots of alternative backup options available now..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cameleondjphotography,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I have read lots of strong rumers scattered across the net but unfortunately you won't get anything official from Sony until the products press announcement..

I guess from your last comment you are not a fan of the a7 CSC..

The A7rii is awesome in technoligy and moving the photography industry along but the size and the fact that people who wanted the best from sony in the professional world have been using the large alpha bodies so why develop the stats on this camera which is sized for people who like compact cameras when sony could have put all this spec including third party lens adaptors on an alpha body which would have made it a more consistant move after developing slt cameras back in 2011 that started to creep in on the same playing field has canon and nikon professional users. Just saying and maybe its a personal thing but when shooting wedding with my canon college It will just simply look like im using a compact camera with oversized lenses. Plus the double sd on the a99 and the room to put all these new buttons and a battery that will lasts more than 2 hours, it all just seems comon sense. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@cameleondjphotography wrote:

Just saying and maybe its a personal thing but when shooting wedding with my canon college It will just simply look like im using a compact camera with oversized lenses. Plus the double sd on the a99 and the room to put all these new buttons and a battery that will lasts more than 2 hours, it all just seems comon sense. 

Maybe it is a personal thing and a common comment from the against team if you look at the many for/against discussion on camera sites regarding changing from DSLR to CSC. I have met several people who have switched from Canon to an a7 for many reasons but a favourite being that the mirrorless set up is much lighter than there old DSLR..

Now double SD card or SD/compact flash is must agree is handy feature for instant duplication of images but there are lots of alternative backup options available now..

I think I will be making a move to Nikon after tons of research, I don't like the new sony size movment which is a bit of a shame has I have only ever shot with sony. The technoligy is fantastic and full praise to sony for that but the new style is just not for me. Goodbye for now sony forum.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Morning,

It's a shame that we can't get any info on wether Sony will releasing an updated a99 but as I said rumours are strong but they are just rumours, did you receive the private message that I sent you a few days ago??