Join now - be part of our community!

NEX-5 LCD monitor goes blank when moving

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
NodrogL
Visitor

NEX-5 LCD monitor goes blank when moving

Any tips for fixing the LCD minitor?

The warranty has expired and the LCD monitor has just started switching off when I lift it up or down - it fades or breaks up before going blank.

It's probably in need of a 'proper' repair but thought I'd ask in case there's an alternative.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello NodrogL - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This does sound very much like physical, internal fault within the camera and, outside of the warranty period, you are quite right to try and explore all of the options available to you.

First of all, I would suggest getting in touch with Sony Customer Services to see how much a repair would cost. You can find full contact details in this forum post. By calling Sony first, you will then have a repair quote to compare to other independent services and you can make an informed decision about repairing or replacing your product.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello NodrogL - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This does sound very much like physical, internal fault within the camera and, outside of the warranty period, you are quite right to try and explore all of the options available to you.

First of all, I would suggest getting in touch with Sony Customer Services to see how much a repair would cost. You can find full contact details in this forum post. By calling Sony first, you will then have a repair quote to compare to other independent services and you can make an informed decision about repairing or replacing your product.

Thanks,

Simon