Join now - be part of our community!

Playmemories App on camera unable to log in (Problem and Solution...Sony is terrible about this)

Playmemories App on camera unable to log in (Problem and Solution...Sony is terrible about this)

Hopefully I found a solution for some of you...at least it worked for me, but after much frustration and almost selling my cameras! I had a problem where my two Sony mirrorless cameras would not log into the Playmemories App. I had to turn off two-step verification on my account and it finally worked. I can't believe it took me a month of calling like 5-6 times and being sent back and forth between departments to figure this out. No one had an answer until I randomnly reached a tech who knew the problem. 

To say more, on my cameras in the Playmemories App Downloader, I would enter my password, enter the 2-step verification code, and then it would begin to log in and would go back to app home screen. The app would never log into my account and I could not download the apps that really make these cameras worth owning. It wasn't until literally 15 min ago that I spoke with a Sony Entertainment Advisor who solved this after being sent back and forth between Sony Camera service and Sony Entertainment people (aka Playstation). The Sony Entertainment tech randmonly knew what was wrong becuase she individually had just went through it with a customer. I must have made about 5-6 phone calls, talked to at least one supervisor, and scoured the internet to figure this out, then simply lucked out.

Sony, you need to do a better job of managing this. People are paying lots of money for these cameras and you are leaving them in the lurch with your software updates and not relaying the information or making it easy to find. I was about to sell my cameras when this woman saved the day. Next time it takes this long, I won't hesitate to stop being a Sony customer. 

1 REPLY 1
michubass
New

Hi

I have the same issue conecting through A7Rii web browser to upddate the apps as sending pictures to mobile or WIFI tethered shooting is not working. My WIFI is very fast, but it seems the camera gets stuck on the browser coming up with erros. It's been about 5 times in a row I have tried to log in, very elaborate  and clumsy process.

I hope we get it sorted.