Join now - be part of our community!

Raw file converter?

SOLVED
profile.country.fi_FI.title
miikka123
Visitor

Raw file converter?

I updated my mac system to OS X 10.8 and now the Image Data converter ver.4 does not work anymore. It does not support the new system and I cannot find update for the ID converter. Is there another way/program to convert the sony ARW raw files( I have the NEX-7)? Or is there an update coming soon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi miikka, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Have you tried iPhoto? Bundled with the Mac OS; should be in your Applications folder.

Pretty sure it'll open ARWs. If not you can use Image Capture (also in there) to get them off the card, convert with Adobe DNG Converter (no quality loss) and import into iPhoto that way.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mick2011
New

Hi miikka, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Have you tried iPhoto? Bundled with the Mac OS; should be in your Applications folder.

Pretty sure it'll open ARWs. If not you can use Image Capture (also in there) to get them off the card, convert with Adobe DNG Converter (no quality loss) and import into iPhoto that way.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.fi_FI.title
miikka123
Visitor

hi,

Thanks. That works! I didn't expect iPhoto to be able to read the ARW file but that's great.

Mick2011
New

Great :cool: glad it worked out for you.

Mick

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor
profile.country.GB.title
Sheila.Haycox
Explorer

I have Windows so iPhoto no good.    Also tried Adobe DNG converter and that does not work for the RX100M6

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @Sheila.Haycox,

@Sheila.Haycox  schrieb:

I have Windows so iPhoto no good.    Also tried Adobe DNG converter and that does not work for the RX100M6

so, which software do you use?

In case it's e.g. Lightroom or PS  I'm afraid that you've got to wait a couple of days (weeks?). Adobe's "Camera Raw" is currently supporting the RX100 series up to version M5 only. As the M6 is rather new they obviously didn't manage to add it to their June update.

Well, some July days still left so there might be a chance that the M6 will be incorporated into the next update. But please, don't make me responsible in case they're not managing it. This was just a look into a foggy glass ball...

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
Sheila.Haycox
Explorer

I am just impatient and realise Adobe will eventually update their Raw but you would think thatif a firm is supplying gear that hs raw files would also produce a raw converter to dng