Join now - be part of our community!

Remote for Nex6 and Samsung Galaxy Ace stops work

profile.country.en_GB.title
pmyerscough1
New

Remote for Nex6 and Samsung Galaxy Ace stops work

Playmemories app for Remote Control worked perfectly on installation. Now some days later it connects then immediately disconnects and it seems impossible to use my mobile phone Galaxy Ace to control the camera.

Camera side is probably OK because my Nexus 7 tablet will work.

I tried unistalling and reinstalling the App on the 'phone. No difference.

Any ideas how to fix this welcome!

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello pmyerscough1 :slight_smile:

After installing the app, have you tried loading the app on your phone, and then powering on the camera and connecting that to your WiFi network? If this doesn't work, you may need to try turning on the camera and then loading the app - I have heard that the order in which you connect everything can have an effect on whether or not the app connects successfully.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

do you have the latest PlayMemoriesMobile version (2.2) installed on your phone ? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sony.playmemories.mobile&hl=en

pmyerscough1
New

Thanks for the reply - I do have v2.2 on the 'phone.

pmyerscough1
New

Thanks for the reply.

I started the app on the phone, then switched on the camera with the smart remote function selected - giving a message 'Awaiting connection to a smartphone. Running as an access point.'. After a few moments the camera name appears on the phone and I select that. I get 2 sets of messages on the phone - one with white text on a blue background, and another in white on a black background - both (blue and black) give a message 'connecting', then a message 'connected' (black only), then another message 'Error disconnected' (blue), and 'disconnected' (black). Sometimes there is another blue message which flashes up which I can't read because it is immediately replaced with the blue 'Error disconnected' message.

Mick2011
New

Hi :slight_smile:

This does sound like a problem with your phone, rather than a camera or application error, possibly with the network settings.

Have you tried asking around on the Samsung user forums to see if anyone else has a similar issue? We haven't had a lot of Android troubleshooting enquiries here on the Sony forums, which suggests the app is working ok with the OS. As you mention your tablet manages to connect reliably, my guess is you'd need to look at the phone settings.

Cheers

Mick

pmyerscough1
New

Thanks Mick for the wise words. I'll go and look over there ... Paul M