Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A7S II Extended 3rd party warranty

profile.country.GB.title
ilgainis
Explorer

Sony A7S II Extended 3rd party warranty

Hello happy ppl, 

Recentaly I bought Sony A7S II from e-bay (shop in London) and my camera arrived without any manual or warranty papers. Am about to return this camera since am worried about A7S II camera was imported from China. What shall I do in this situation? Can I purchase 3 year Extended Warranty from the seller? They offer 3rd party 3 year Extended Warranty. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ilgainis,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

You may have bought a grey import it's hard to say but if you are concerned that something is not quite right then you are probably better off returning your A7S II & buying another from an actual high street store..

profile.country.GB.title
ilgainis
Explorer

Thalamus, are you saying this camera maybe fake???

Is there any way to check if camere is actually legit??? Perhaps using serial number or any other way? 

..hmm, now i am worried 😕 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

no I am not saying your A7SII is fake & it is probably fine, some retailers sell Sony cameras at cheaper prices because they have imported them from countries which sell them cheaper than the UK.. See info..

In addition to the above as you stated in your first post that you are worried, which could affect your enjoyment of your camera, you might want to take up the chance to return it whilst you still can..

profile.country.GB.title
ilgainis
Explorer

Thanks Thalamus for all advice! Very interesting read and found much more on the internet. Thought would like to sleep well so my e-bay camera is packed and ready for shipping tommorow. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome & glad you found the information interesting..