Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Imaging Edge Help!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Chloegels
Explorer

Sony Imaging Edge Help!

Hi, 

Can anyone help with the sony imaging edge app? I have a Sony a6000 and have successfully connected the camera to my phone (iPhone 8: IOS 13.3.1) and my laptop (ASUS Chromebook). I can share photos and use the remote control function but when I'm trying to use the remote option it won't let me change any functions. Only exposure and self-timer. Thanks for any help!

95708386_665606147626062_2298251697467686912_n.jpg96095038_1115741472126591_9170390969558761472_n.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Ahh, yes that does indeed show that the a6000 is now quite reduced in remote function.

My initial thought is that an earlier app version may work for a6000 full remote if upgrading the camera is not needed or wanted.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully a community member will be able to help.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Which mode is the camera in?

I'll check my a6000 and get back to you.

profile.country.GB.title
Chloegels
Explorer

Have tried it in all modes (manual, aperture, auto etc) but still no option to change settings unfortunately.

Thank you for checking!  

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Yes same as I'm finding here, also seems like the touch focus does not work anymore...

Let me see if I can get it working..

profile.country.GB.title
Chloegels
Explorer

Thank you very much! Glad to hear its not me doing something wrong!

ALpaso
Explorer

I think Sony have basically decided a6000 users are not worthy of such a luxury item, so they have taken it away. I called them and they just said its unlikely to be changed back to full function. This really annoyed me as the remote function is crucial for my line of work and they removed it 2 months after i purchased the camera. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Ahh, yes that does indeed show that the a6000 is now quite reduced in remote function.

My initial thought is that an earlier app version may work for a6000 full remote if upgrading the camera is not needed or wanted.

profile.country.GB.title
Chloegels
Explorer

Oh dear! That’s a real shame. Thank you so much for letting me know though, really appreciate it.