Join now - be part of our community!

Who is responcible for updates? I'd like to give them great idea!

SOLVED
profile.country.bg_BG.title
da4kinov
Visitor

Who is responcible for updates? I'd like to give them great idea!

Just because I have NEX 3 I would be more than happy if next update offer capchuring photos on specific interval of time. pushing the shutter the camera is going to taking normal pictures on every 10, 30 sec or even minute or ten. Much time more beautiful animations. You know these movies when they shooting a town fo example the river flows and the clouds are moving very fast. This effect I would like to have. NEX3 doesn't have IR port and this is the reason. I'm begging you!

Regards

Dimitar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I have had various discussion about this with different members of staff but sadly it is a hardware limitation. In theory it could be done via USB since it is all protocol based but the hardware required would be slightly different.

I will feed it back some more since the forum is here exactly for that but sorry to say, I cannot see it being added to your model.    

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi Dimitar, welcome to the Sony Forums

The NEX-5 has an IR sensor and I suspect, like most manufacturers, this is the sort of feature that Sony intentionally reserved for the more up-market models.

I thought I'd let you know, in case you can't wait for an updated model, that you can currently get a NEX camera with that feature :wink:

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.bg_BG.title
da4kinov
Visitor

Hi, Mick

My NEX-3 is gift. I really can't buy nex-5. Do you know someone I can suggest about this and is it possible to be updated like that?

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I have had various discussion about this with different members of staff but sadly it is a hardware limitation. In theory it could be done via USB since it is all protocol based but the hardware required would be slightly different.

I will feed it back some more since the forum is here exactly for that but sorry to say, I cannot see it being added to your model.