Join now - be part of our community!

Why cant I record more than 300 images

profile.country.en_GB.title
choughed
Visitor

Why cant I record more than 300 images

I have a Sony alpha 100 with Sony 2gb memory stick pro duo which should record thousands of images but whenever it gets to 300 images the following images are not visible . I have tried everything I can think of including updating firmware , deleting earlier images etc but I still get "Image not available" after number 300. can anyone shed any light on this problem ? PLEASE

4 REPLIES 4
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello choughed - welcome to the Sony Forums.

I have highlighted your question to technical support see if we can shed some light on this issue.

In the meantime, with your model, do you know if the same problem occurs when using an SD card instead of the Memory Stick Pro Duo?

Thanks

Simon

choughed
Visitor

Hi I have only used it with the pro duo stick and the problem occurs at exactly 300 pics every time  . I fomated the card in the camera before my trip and as soon as it got to 300 the next pic (301 onwards) shows as "unable to display" I assume the stick is genuine as it says SONY on it .

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello choughed,

Thanks for confirming the information. I can confirm that this has been flagged to after sales support so hopefully we will have an answer for you soon.

Regards,

Simon

GoNz0-
Explorer

there are lots of fakes, unless you got it form sony store there is a 50% chance its fake.

hook it up to the pc and see if you can copy over files to fill up the card without error.