Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Android TV 2017 HBO GO is Missing

profile.country.BG.title
KD-55XE9005
Explorer

Sony Android TV 2017 HBO GO is Missing

Why HBO GO is Not Instaled Default Aplication in Sony Android TV models 2017?

It is Inposible to Instal with HBO apk files bikouse Only FOR USA region Made maby People in other Countres is ''Idiots'' and buy 1000$ or 2000$ for Sony TV for nothing?

Look other TV manifatured like Samsung or LG Peoples Not Problems with HBO GO!

Only Big Big Company like a Sony is Not Care for consumers of Sony TV products and Support is Big 0.

Shame You!

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi KD-55XE9005,

Are you posting from the UK? 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @KD-55XE9005,

if you are not based in the US, you have to check which Pay-TV provider offers the TV series you are trying to watch.

I in Germany have to use Sky to watch Game of Thrones and other series from the HBO network.

I don't doubt that for some TVs you can "hack" them to make the US HBO-Go app to work on said TV outside the US, yet blaming the TV manufacturer for not implementing such a "feature" is rather weird in my opinion.

The easiest solution for you would be to subscribe to a VPN serivce on your PC, mask your location as US and connect it to your TV via HDMI.

- Nic

profile.country.BG.title
KD-55XE9005
Explorer

I Live in Bulgaria.

My HBO GO Provider is Telenor.

Maby HBO GO creator or Sony is Need to Find Solution of This Big Trobles For Many Users.

Cannot All People Live in USA Or Canada but we bye For HBO GO and cannot use in Charming TVs like Sony models 2017. In what Time we Live? Simple Problems Cannot Find Solution. 😞

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @KD-55XE9005,

I agree with you, region locking is nonsense - if you pay for your stuff, why not use it all over the world?

Yet if I am not mistaken, Sony could get in trouble for allowing such "hacks" on their TVs.

I don't know though why LG and Samsung have a possibility to do this.

- Nic

profile.country.BG.title
KD-55XE9005
Explorer

Where support of Sony?

profile.country.BG.title
alnedya
New

I'm also from bulgaria and have the same problem. Unfrotunetly this is up to HBO to publish an app for our region. Not Sony...

You can still chromecast hbo to your tv until they make an app.

semkata
New

Playstation 4 has HBO go app that works in Bulgaria but there is no app for the TV. Go figure. The bad thisng is this is the smalest issue about these TVs