Join now - be part of our community!

Sound Synchronisation

profile.country.GB.title
DarinBone
New

Sound Synchronisation

I have a KD55XE7073SU television with a HT CT290 sound bar and have terrible lip sync problems. I have googled this problem and find that this is not uncommon. I have updated the software and the connection is by HDMI and optical and I can't seem to find any adjustment to change settings and sort this issue. I have downloaded the latest software and it didn't make any difference whatsoever. The picture quality is brillaint but the sound issue makes me wish I had never changed from my trust Panasonic set up. Can anyone make any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi DarinBone, 

Welcome to the community. 

There are a number of circumstances that can cause sync issues:

• If watching a TV program, it could be the broadcast itself or a bad connection between your cable/satellite set-top box (if applicable).
  • If a DVD or Blu-ray Disc® player is connected, a poor connection or the disc itself could be the cause.
  • When connected to a home theater system with a digital optical cable, then there may be an audio delay that requires a manual adjustment on the home theater system. There may even be a setting on the TV itself causing this issue.

NOTE: Because each of the steps below represents a possible solution to this issue, check if the issue is resolved after completing each step.

1. Make sure that the TV has the latest system software (firmware) installed.

NOTES:

2. If watching a TV program, try changing the channel to see if the problem occurs on other channels; if it only occurs on one channel, then the issue is with the broadcast.

NOTE: If the issue occurs on one channel only, contact the broadcast network provider.

3. Make sure all cables are securely connected to the TV and the source device (set-top box, DVD player, Blu-ray Disc player, home theater system, or game console).
  4. Try playing a different video source to determine if the issue occurs with other connected devices.
  5. If your TV has a Game Mode setting, do one of the following:
    • Set the Game Mode to Off when watching TV or playing a DVD or Blu-ray Disc.
    • Set the Game Mode to On when playing a video game.
  6. If the issue is happening when using TV speakers, perform a power reset on the TV.
  7. If there is a home theater system and a digital optical cable is used in the connection, manually change the Audio/Video Sync or Audio Delay setting on the home theater system (if available).

NOTES:

• Audio delay adjustments usually range from 0ms to approximately 250ms.
    • For information about the availability of A/V sync or Audio Delay setting, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Go to Manuals, Specifications & Warranty.
    • For a third-party home theater system, check the instruction manual or contact the manufacturer for information on how to adjust the A/V sync setting.

If the issue is still unresolved, you may need to contact Sony Support. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
DarinBone
New

Hi Pascal, I have read this standard reply on the forum before and it isn’t really a satisfactory answer. I have a Sony TV and a Sony surround sound system as stated which supposedly have audio sync which should resolve this issue. I am not the only person to have complained about this issue and to be honest wish that I had stuck with my Panasonic set up which even though it was old was much better at synchronising the sound. Maybe you should concentrate on ensuring your product works with a Virgin TIVo box as this is one of the most recognised formats in supplying tv channels in the UK. Thanks for your help anyway. Would I be able to return my tv and theatre system as they are not fit for purpose or would I be better advised to contact trading standards?

Regards

Darin Bone

Sent from my iPhone