Join now - be part of our community!

Ax700 best settings for fullhd 50fps

profile.country.GB.title
Leopaj
New

Ax700 best settings for fullhd 50fps

Dear Sony users, 

i am new owner of Ax700 and searching for some more skilled users, who can advice me, what can be the best settings for 1080, 50fps shooting. I am filming mostly my family(fast moving scenes) under studio lights or outdoor. I tried the auto settings, but what i found the auto keeps shutterspeed at 1/50 (am i right?) , which i believe is not enough for 50fps. Should i switch to manual and keep only iso, iris on auto and change the shutterspeed to 1/100, i limited the iso as well as with higher iso i found the noise esp in postproduction, where i am doing quite heavy colorcorrection. I would be glad for any complex recommendation, what can bring the best from this cam at the full hd format. (I am even thinking to upgrade to Sony Z90 due to the possibility to have 10bit footage as coloring is very important to me). Thank you in advance. sincerely yours Leo

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Leopaj,

going by the 180 degree shutter rule you should rather use 1/100th rather than the 1/50th of a second exposure time.

Limiting the Gain/ISO is a good idea as well.

If you choose HLG2 as picture profile and BT.2020 as color space, you have 10bit HDR as well, so there is no need to buy another camcorder necessarily.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Leopaj
New

Hi Nic, 

thank you for your reply! I did not know that even ax700 is capable to record in 10bit as it has been advertised mostly for z90 that is wonderful news! I will check it for sure, if i will have success with this profile! Thank you so much!

profile.country.GB.title
Leopaj
New

...i just found that unfortunately the ax700 outputs only XAVC S format, which is 8bit only, so i am not sure if HLG 2 recording will make any diference. I feel i need to go Z90...