Join now - be part of our community!

Can't import recordings

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
steph_hofs
Visitor

Can't import recordings

Please help me!

I've got a Sony Handycam HDR-CX250 and I'm trying to import the recordings onto my MacBook Pro using the USB-cable that's on the device itself. When I connect it, it tries to open PMB Portable but this program get's stuck so I can't use it.

Instead I use iPhoto and I can import the recordings effortlessly. But when I play the recordings, it shows stripes (I call them zebra stripes) whenever any movement happens.

I also tried to import them in iMovie, this goes well (and without the stripes), but it's not in HD quality.

When I open the device in Finder 'NO NAME' and I open a file that looks like a Quicktime file called 'private', I see on of my recordings in HD quality without any stripes! (the way I want to import every single recording)

I have no idea how the 'private' file got there and how I can get the rest of my recordings that way.

Please help! I need these recordings for work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi Steph, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Apple aren't winning any new friends with the way they handle AVCHD. Some people get what they need from iMovie, others have to use something like Adobe Premiere Elements (which may be an option for you) to get good HD exports on a Mac. APE can be a little buggy but it gets the job done.

If you don't need to edit anything you should consider conversion software. There are some decent apps available for the Mac at reasonable prices that convert the .mts files found in the same 'private' directory you mentioned.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi Steph, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Apple aren't winning any new friends with the way they handle AVCHD. Some people get what they need from iMovie, others have to use something like Adobe Premiere Elements (which may be an option for you) to get good HD exports on a Mac. APE can be a little buggy but it gets the job done.

If you don't need to edit anything you should consider conversion software. There are some decent apps available for the Mac at reasonable prices that convert the .mts files found in the same 'private' directory you mentioned.

Cheers

Mick