Join now - be part of our community!

PJ 760 VE : connecting with an out-screen

profile.country.fr_FR.title
5fzz7t620242026
Visitor

PJ 760 VE : connecting with an out-screen

When I use my PJ in my diving housing, I cannot read the informations of the camera screen on the housing external screen, linked by AV plug.

Looking for a solution...... thks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello and welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Could you please let me know more about your diving housing i.e. do you have manufacturer/model number etc? Also, you mentioned an external screen linked by AV plug - what type of external screen is this? Any information will help me consider an answer for you.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

I think this is the normal way the external monitor shows the live image from the camcorder: no additional display overlay (e.g. REC time, camera mode). I tested with HDR-CX730 and there is no way to change the display mode. I guess it is done this way because usually if you connect the camcorder to an external monitor you do not want to have all the menu icons overlaying the live image.

Message was edited by: cmosse

JoeVB61
Visitor

5zz,

I understand your problem also. I work for a housing manufacturer and we are currently trying to correct this same problem. The monitor that we are trying to connect to is a standard definition two wire connection. The older sony model camcorders used to have a menu option to force the display information back to the monitor. I have not been able to find that option on the newer Sony models. It would be great if Sony could offer a system update on the cameras to allow for the display to be projected on the monitor. If anyone has any further information about this it would be very helpful.

Cheers,

JoeVB61
Visitor

Just wanted to check if anyone from Sony ever reviews these sites, I am still waiting to hear if there is a solution for sending the display from the camera to an external monitor. We are using a normal Component A/V cord to send the signal. I have tried USB, HDMI, and Component and none of these will transfer the image. I have many customers that are having concerns and I am hoping there may be a software update that can correct this.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello JoeVB61 :slight_smile:

The method that you are describing (component) is the only way AFAIK. Having said that, I am aware that development staff at Sony read these forums on a regular basis - meaning that all comments are looked over at some point.

Thanks,

Simon