Join now - be part of our community!

[Q] HDR-CX130E cannot safely disconnect USB?

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zoldar1971
New

[Q] HDR-CX130E cannot safely disconnect USB?

Hi,

After connecting my HDR-CX130E to my Win7 PC, I cannot disconnect safely through the safely disconnect hardware feature of Win7, because my camera is not listed as a USB device.

When I press the X on the LCD (after setting up the USB connection) the camera asks me to disconnect my computer first. This normaly means that I have to use the safely remove hardware feature of Windows before disconnecting to avoid damage to the usb device. But my camera is not listed as a device to safely remove. When I disconnect the USB cable first (as the camera suggest) I get a message on the LCD "check connection".

So my question is, how to safely disconnect my camera from the pc? Can I just press the x on the lcd and then just confirm the message to disconnect my computer first? Or do I have to do something else?

Help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
Zoldar1971
New

Bumb

profile.country.en_GB.title
powerslave16v
Visitor

Hello Martin

Just noticed you have the same cam has me.

Just put a topic on this forum about it.

Can you get 1080x1920 on the cx130e,i can only seem to get the resolution has 720,on the highest setting.

Am i doing something wrong,sony says on the adverts for it that the cam is 1080,but when i upload to you tube this option never comes up.

ian

Zoldar1971
New

I like your user name, being an Iron Maiden fan 😉

On my camera I have the 1080x1920 res when I go to the menu an choose image quality/format (not sure if this is the exact name because my cam is on Dutch language) then I make sure it is set on HD quality (not std) and Record function is set to FH (or up). Again not sure about the english menu item names, but you can figure it out.

Now I hope somebody will answer my USB question.

Cheers,

Martin

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

if the safe remove hardware icon is not shown in the taskbar tray you can open the windows explorer and right click on the drive letter. Select "Remove" from the list (maybe it is also called "Eject" or something else)