Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Camera - HDR-TG3E - Problem with merging videos using cameras menu.

profile.country.el_GR.title
Visitor

Sony Camera - HDR-TG3E - Problem with merging videos using cameras menu.

Dear all.

For the past few months I cannot merge HD videos nor by manual selection or date (written with my camera HDR-TG3E) using camera menu.

This feature was working prefectly in the past. I reset the camera with no results.

Does anybody has faced the same problem? Any advise?

Thanks in Advance for your assistance.

Theodore

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Theodore - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Are you seeing some sort of error message when the camera doesn't allow you to merge these files?

Thanks,

Simon

Visitor

Dear Simon

Many thanks for your message.

Please note that no error mesage appears. As soon as I press the OK the camera displays - executing - then OK but no video files are merged.

The same happens even if I choose to merge files by date.

Looking fwd for your reply thanking you in advance.

Theodore

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again Theodore :slight_smile:

As the screen displays the 'executing' message, have you checked to see if the merged videos are visible when the camera is plugged into a computer? It is possible that although they are not appearing within the camera, they may still be physically 'there' ready for viewing when connected to a computer.

Thanks,

Simon

Visitor

Dear Simon

Thank's again for your reply/advise.

I will check to see if same appear in PC and I will let you know.:smileythumbsup:

Theodore

Visitor

Dear Simon

I just checked to see if the merged videos are at least appear in my PC but no use. The videos appear as taken. The interesting thing is that my camera can divide the videos but it does not merge them despite showing so (executing etc).

Any other ideas?:smileyconfused:

Thanks in advance.

Theodore

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

If you have definitely already tried to reset the camera to the factory settings, you could try removing all video data from the memory stick and backing it up to a computer. Then, I would suggest completely formatting the memory stick and starting again - it may be an issue with data that is already on there.

On the camera, the option to perform an overall format is located by tapping 'HOME' --> 'MANAGE MEDIA' --> 'MEDIA FORMAT'.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Have you tried out the "Repair image database file" option in the "Manage Media" menu?

Visitor

Dear Simon

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have aleady tried that before (formating) in all three (3) memory sticks I have without any success.

Theodore

Visitor

Dear Mr. cmosse

Thanks for your advise.:smileyhappy:

I have tried that before and many times without any success.

Any other ideas?

Theodore