sony hdr-cx250

Is it possible to control the sony hdr-cx250 with your left hand+

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi Christian :slight_smile:

You should be able to hold and zoom the camera with one hand. It was designed to be used with the right hand holding and zooming, but you may be able to use the left without obscuring the screen. You may have problems holding tha camera and operating the touchscreen controls, althogh this shouldn't affect the actual filming which most people do single-handed.

Best idea would be to go into a camera shop and try one out :cool:

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Rottboll - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I am unsure how you are holding the camera at the moment - however as the screen flips out to the left, revealing the panel of buttons, this should hopefully mean that you can hold the camera in your right hand and use your free left hand to operate the controls. Have you had any difficulties with this model of camera so far?

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.da_DK.title
Rottboll
Visitor

Hi Simon

Thank you:-)

I am asking the question because I am unable to control the camera with my right hand, (my right hand was amputated because of an injury) and sometime ago I was made aware, that some video cameraes were made so you could control them with either hand. Therefore I was wondering if sony hdr-cx 250 was one of them.

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Mick2011
New

Hi Christian :slight_smile:

You should be able to hold and zoom the camera with one hand. It was designed to be used with the right hand holding and zooming, but you may be able to use the left without obscuring the screen. You may have problems holding tha camera and operating the touchscreen controls, althogh this shouldn't affect the actual filming which most people do single-handed.

Best idea would be to go into a camera shop and try one out :cool:

Cheers

Mick